 General / 35807
35806  |  35808
Subject:
A question regarding 3rd party selling of LEGO stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:40:36 GMT

Ok, obviously it is ok to sell LEGOs in the third party or "aftermarket"
fashion - case in point being Bricklink and eBay. One can sell whole sets or
individual pieces, even instructions, without having to get permission per
say to do so from LEGO.

What about Instruction scans? Say on a disk, CD or even
purchase-to-download?  Would this infringe on LEGO's property/idea rights?
or would this be considered just aftermarket selling like selling off the
actual instructions?

Just wondering. Actually, kinda hoping someone might do this - I know I
would be interested in say buying a CD-R that had all of the 6000 series, or
the LEGOLAND Castle series, or even a custom mix of ones I am after.

Perhaps a service like the CDNOW for music, but for LEGO instructions?

(Oh ok, I'm still bummed and maybe a might frustrated that Brickshelf does
not have the instruction scans library anymore)