 General / 35622
35621  |  35623
Subject:
single largest lot of pieces of one shape, colour or both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 06:32:54 GMT

As I was browsing through the Peeron inventories, I started looking at which
piece was most abundant in each set. That set me to thinking ...

what is the largest number of pieces of a single part-colour-combination in a
set? what is the 2nd largest and so on.

Since the 3450 Statue of Liberty has 504 sand-green 2x2 corner bricks, my
feeling is that it must be the winner. The runner-up is probably the same set
with 415 sand-green 2x4 bricks.

But what if one just consider the part (and not the colour) or the colour (and
not the part)? What would be the winner then?

I am tempted to think that sand green must be the most abundent colour (again,
thanks to the Statue of Liberty with almost all of its 2000+ parts in this
colour).

But shape alone? Would it be the Statue of Liberty again with 513 2x2 corner
bricks (504 sand green, plus 9 yellow)?

If we ignored the Statue of Liberty, what then?

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond, Lady BUG
Lugnet Member #599