 General / 3558
  Reinventing the minifig

There's currently a discussion happening in lugnet.starwars concerning a minifig scale Millenium Falcon model. It seems to me that a lot of people are hampered by "minifig scale." I believe Gary Istok has mentioned that he doesn't even use minifigs (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

(...) Agreed, but consider that our beloved minifigs started off as toddlers/babies(!) to less incorrectly scaled "parents". See: (2 URLs) makes everything scaled to minifigs actually scaled to toddler/baby/half height. Taking this further, trains (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

(...) One minifig per car is pretty realistic. True, American cars have more than one seat, but if you look at the cars during rush hour they are all carrying one minifig...I mean person. Chris Maybe LEGO is more real than we think? (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

Thomas Main wrote in message <37028270.8968AE2E@a...te.edu>... (...) I think people are losing sight of the fact that LEGO is directed at "kids" who generally speaking wouldn't care if the sets are realistically proportioned or not. In any case (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

(...) I don't considered myself hampered by it. I was merely assuming, as has been true with all past themes that I know of, that TLG is doing all the sets from one theme in one particular scale. Maybe this won't be the case. If it isn't, I won't be (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

(...) Right. It may sound like I'm losing sight but I'm not. I'm just dreaming :) I suspect a Model Team version Falcon is more likely. -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

i would like to propose a tecnic version of the MF. in the 8480 style..no 'skin' to the air(space) craft. now that would be a supurb set! --justin (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

Hi guys, William Wong schreef: (...) Not quiet right in my opinion, because they first made the simple less detailed minifigs untill the late 70 tis, and started to make the minifigs with arms in reaction on the marketing and release of Playmobil. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

(...) Three words: Droid Development Kit. Let's see a MF in *that* scale. ;) Steve (25 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

OOOO YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH Hey Kool-Aid!! Now that would be pure, um, well, er um (Tom is trying to avoid extreme sensual euphemisms due to the nature of this family newsgroup)... fun. I could practically sit in it and fly it, me and my pet (...) (25 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

NO! NONONONO! NEVER! I *love* the minifigs! Don´t change them! --Tobias "No! I talk to my minifigs every day and they talk back! Don´t ever say that they are only plastic bricks!" (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

(...) How true. Minifigs are just as unenvironmental as people! LEGO should fix that... (But of course it won't) Some ten years ago I experimented with a four-seated car (two in back, two in front), but I was just a kid, I didn't care much about (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Reinventing the minifig

(...) "...sorry honey, but we're going to have to move the couch, TV and coffee table into the garage.. i just got the new lego MF set!!!" hmmm.. but then imagine... we'd be walking around inside the MF, hunched over with a 1' tall R2 scurrying (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)