 General / 35560
    Re: Is ABS plastic made with oil? —Frank Filz
   (...) Whether it is mold release or splattered lubrication, there is definitely something coating new bricks. After finishing a bout of sorting new sets, my hands always feel somewhat irritated. They never feel this way after handling used bricks (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is ABS plastic made with oil? —Matt Griswold
   (...) Interesting....I'll have to pay closer attention to that when I buy another set...I know there was definitely something on all the tires I got from the Shell sets a few months ago.... Are you hands irritated like greasy? or like dried out?? If (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)