 General / 35339
Re: Pieces in the Mosaic Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:38:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sun Yun writes:
Can anybody tell me roughly how many of each color are in any of the Lego
mosaic sets?  ie 400 light gray etc.

sun

Hi Sun,

Good news!  It depends on the image you're using - if you go to the LEGO mosiac
maker page, and put in an image that is all one color, then you'll get all that
color.  The pieces are packaged in bags of 90, which is also a nice little
boon, since they'll give you the number of bags necessary to meet your needs,
even if it means throwing in a bunch of extras!  The image size is 44x44 (it's
a 48x48 baeplate, minus a 2-wide border all the way around), so you can play
around with the math to maximize the color distribution.  One popular "trick"
is to order a mosaic that is all of one color, except for one "pixel" (1x1) of
each of the others colors.  That way, you get 22 bags of the main color, and 1
bag each of the other colors, for a total of 26 bags (which, if you do the
math, is much more than the pieces needed to cover the 44x44 area!).

So to answer your question ... it depends on what image you use, but you can
certainly tailor it to meet your requirements.  Try out the mosaic page at
LEGO.com ... it's pretty easy to use, and it all becomes clear :P

HTH,
-s