 General / 35218
35217  |  35219
Subject:
Short, acerbic review of #4793 Ogel Shark Assault Sub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 01:20:14 GMT

Hey all,

Like many others, I was looking forward to this set coming out because of
the wonderful mech arms it sports.  These pieces are superb because they are
click-hinged for movement and rotation.  However, the set itself is one of
the worst I've seen.  Hey Hop-Frog, you out there?  I feel your rage.  This
is the first time I've bought a set and actually felt dissatisfied and
angry.  Not only is the set design awful, but it was missing a very
important piece which did not allow me to finish building it.

There are only four actual bricks in the entire set, a 2x2 dark grey slope,
two 2x3 black bricks, and one 1x2 dark grey brick.  There are a few more
plates than bricks, but EVERYTHING else is a specialized piece of some kind.
It seems like TLG is really making an effort to eliminate as many bricks and
plates from their sets as possible, especially looking at the other sets in
this theme.  Were it not for the cool arms and very cool new design of skull
face, I wouldn't recommend this set to anybody.

Lego, I fear, is trying to turn itself into Playmobil.

Dave (hoping his optimism will return but not holding his breath)