 General / 351
350  |  352
Subject:
1970's tow truck ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:35:10 GMT

I have been trying to find reference and/or scans of instructions for one of
the old "large vehicles" from the early 70's.  Upon checking out Huw's great
pages, I noticed the 372 Tow Truck.  Some of my earliest Lego memories are of
building this (or similar) model.  The set I had (have sans a couple of pieces)
included the grey tires, a undercarriage of grey plates and white 2X4 bricks as
the "axel" bricks.  It also incorporated the popular steering mechanism on
the roof of the truck which ended in a 2X4 brick with the Lego logo.

Is this the same set or a different promotional set??  I also remember that the
Velveta Cheese (what a lovely food product that was!!) promotional sets were
also plentifull at about the same time.

Thanks for any help,
Barry