 General / 35032
Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:49:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:

"Dave Johann" <legomecha@adelphia.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer writes:
There might be a few who disagree with me on this, but I think >something
needs to be done about this.  I'm very tired of checking out the • BrickShelf
recent updates page to see it flooded with these annoying pixelated • images.
I think this is just as bad as people using BrickShelf to upload pictures
for Ebay.

I'd agree except for one small consideration. These images don't generate
cashflow of any kind. The Ebay pics do and offend me as well.

I specifically asked Kevin Loch about hosting LEGO related pics for the
purposes of using them in eBay auctions before I put my pictures on
Brickshelf and he replied that it was okay.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot

That's fine. Others are doing it too and that's when the problem develops.
Too many of the same type of image creates a glut of images that few pwople
want to view, but are forced to see thumbnails of because they show up on
the 'recent' page. That's what the whole issue is about, isn't it?

-Dave