 General / 34970
34969  |  34971
Subject:
Lego phone survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:37:26 GMT

I'm wondering if anyone (else) has ever had someone call them to do a Lego
marketing survey over the phone?  I just got off the phone with someone who
asked me a bunch of questions, mostly having to do with where I buy sets,
how many, and what influence their website and catalogs have had on my
purchases.  (In addition to all the other sorts of questions that sort
people into income, etc. buckets.)

Not too surprisingly, I suppose, Lego doesn't have their own people doing
this survey.  The person asking the questions didn't know much about "Legos"
himself.  First of all, he always called them that: "Legos" (including their
website: "legos.com"!  Hmm.  I've never been there.  Wonder if it exists?)
When he asked how many people lived in my household I asked him "Including
minifigs?" thinking I could be cute and claim hundreds of people lived here,
but he didn't have a clue what a minifig was.

Too bad they didn't ask any open ended questions, or for suggestions to
improve their product/company.

--
  David Schilling