 General / 34535
Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 17:25:27 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Dixon writes:

I am intrigued though, how did Lego pick this model?  Was there some
sort of competition where anyone could submit models, or did Lego start
searching web pages for cool stuff?  I'm sure a lot of people here would
like to submit something (myself included).

I would also be curious if the creator of the model gets any financial
kickback.  I know most of us here would love the recognition and pride of
getting a model reproduced by LD, but from a legal standpoint I wonder if
any offer of money was made, or if a clause of what is submitted becomes
property of LD/TLC.

(If a paint company reproduces an artists painting, the copyright usually
remains the property of the artist... And in this case LEGO is just the
medium as would be the paint.)

-Hendo