 General / 34279
Re: FOTW: Paradisa!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:40:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:
Hey all,

Well done. Good used Lego is getting harder and harder to find near me these
days... I envy you.

Scott A

Haven't seen one of these in awhile so here goes.  There are two toy
consignment shops near me which have often yielded wonderful finds, and last
week was no exception.  I stopped in at one of them today and there were
three large pink boxes in one corner!  They turned out to be #6416 Poolside
Paradise, #6414 Dolphin Point, and #6419 Rolling Acres Ranch.  All were in
excellent condition and marked as complete.  Then I noticed a dark pink
plastic case that turned out to be the Freestyle #4161 Paradisa set!  It was
also complete!   Four 2x2 yellow medium-slope corners, *slurp*, plus the
cool white low-slopes with the blue awning pattern and the light pink
lamposts and trans-yellow minifig heads.

Upon rushing home I found that all the sets were indeed complete with the
exception that the Dolphin Point set was missing one of the really cool
decorated 2x2 round tiles with food.  I'm not complaining though, as all
four sets only cost around $100, which I think is a good deal for so many
super cool parts, plus the boxes and instructions were in great shape!

Dave (happier than a pig in . . . well, you know)
Lugnet member #112