 General / 34265
Re: Is BricksWest Dead?????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 04:43:13 GMT

BricksWest is not dead.  I spoke to Matt tonight and he is working on the
announcement to come out tonight.

I've been keeping up with him all along on the event.  The reason he has
waited this long for the announcement is he has been waiting to hear back
from people.  Unfortunately, he hasn't yet, but the announcement has to get
out.

-Tim

"Adrian Egli" <adr.egli@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
Me and the rest of the gang of Southern California LEGO Train Club had a • get
together, just doing a run of a set-up in works.  OK.  Build, have some • fun,
eat, talk...

Talk.  On that we began asking about this wondrous BricksWest so spoken of
and I and no others there had heard much of a word since.  Sure, it got • some
talk a few months ago and many of us here on Lugnet were  enthused about • the
prospect of a "Brickfest on the West coast".  But has it come to one of
those "Oh, that thing, yea whatever." topic?  I've seen with many topics
here but for an event that is less than three months away?  Shouldn't • there
be some word out there of how things are coming along?

A newsgroup on Lugnet was created for it; last post read "wait" (with • other
wording used).  I can stretch my patients but only so far and cannot speak
for everyone else abut their degree but I know the SCLTC and other groups
want to get on with  this thing.  If it has gone from a dead topic to flat
out DEAD; could someone in particular answer this one question:  Is
BricksWest a dead plan, as in a no go for the Presidents' weekend of A.D.
2002?  A reply will be appreciated by myself and others I know.

Thanks,
Adrian Egli
www.scltc.org