 General / 34222
Re: Digital Camera?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 01:25:33 GMT

In article <GnL8C6.Mn1@lugnet.com>,
"Ronan Webb" <rwebb@ehnospamaltavista.net> wrote:

I'm in a similar predicament. "Which camera ?"
"Other stuff" - well, maybe sometimes.
* But it's important to me to be able to do some lego close-ups.
Can someone point to some specific cameras
(which have the apparently essential macro feature)

I'm restricted pretty much to Canon, Fuji, Kodak, HP (618 & 715xi):) .
Budget say c. $500 (depends on brickbay sales :) )

Not necessarily. Here's a Nikon you can afford:

http://www2.warehouse.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=IN9124

I recommend it because it has a 1.6 inch focus range (i.e. you can get
within 1.6 inches of the subject and retain focus) Good for photo'ing
LEGO! :^)

I wasn't paying attention, what's the difference between macro and zoom?

Macro lets you focus when your camera is close to the subject. Zoom lets
you "zoom in" on things that are far away.

Hope this helps.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations