 General / 34084
34083  |  34085
Subject:
X-mas angels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:34:51 GMT

I'm not sure how universal this charity program is.  Here in Canada at this
time of the year, there are a number of charities that put up Christmas trees
in malls.  They have decorations (usually angels) with the names of needy
children on them.  Each angel will usually have a first name, age, gender, and
a gift that child would like for Christmas.

It's a great opportunity to do something nice for LEGO and a child.  Get a
kid some LEGO.  And good stuff, too - not old shelf-worn insectoids sets.  I
like to think I'm moulding a kid's future by getting them something from my
favourite theme (Star Wars).

Jeff J