 General / 33952
Re: Thoughts about why I like Lego...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 02:12:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bob Parker writes:
I was thinking about why I like working (OK, OK, "playing") with Lego so
much.  It's that I control the entire little world in my home and make
everything in that world perfect.  I know this is true because everyone
seems happy all the time.  Maybe all those smiling faces should be reason
for concern now that I think about it...  :-)

Sure, parts of my Lego town catch fire once in a while, but amazingly, no
one ever gets hurt!  And since I don't have a hospital, that's a good thing!
Of course, the rebuilding occurs rapidly and without cost to anyone!

Train derailments - you bet.  But again, no one gets hurt.  Without
derailments, I wouldn't need any of the maintenance-of-way equipment I have.
Again, repairs take no time at all.  And in my world, the Amtrak Metroliner
is running with no financial worries (unlike the real Amtrak) even though
there's very little room for passengers in the Lego cars.

Yep, I really like the Utopian aspect of Lego and that everything is OK in
my Lego world.  It sure beats the real world nowadays.

- Bob

Yes, it is nice to escape to a better place and destress so as to be able to
come back out and meet the daily challenges in life.

hoping we all get to have more "Lost in Lego" time...
sheree