 General / 33653
Re: A Happy Birthday Story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:21:37 GMT

If you are serious, it is also called Costco. They changed names here in
Ottawa years ago.

Jude

In lugnet.general, Adam Murtha writes:
What the heck is a Price Club?

~Adam

In lugnet.general, John Battcock writes:
Hello All,

I thought I would pass along this nice story about my non-lego wife's
birthday present to me.
A couple night's before my birthday my wife asked me what I would like and
I jokingly responded that I wouldn't be disappointed if she got me the "Big
Truck Set"(AKA #8466 4x4 vehicle ,TRU price $179.00 CAN) knowing full well
that she has never ever bought me a single brick in the five years I've been
out of the dark ages. Yesterday she happened to be at the Price Club (maybe
she visits once a month) ,visited the toy aisle and spotted a Lego set for
$119.00. Because I had said that the set would only be available at TRU and
the huge price discrepancy she assumed it wasn't 8466 ( I didn't see the
need to provide her with set #'s or pictures). Anyway she visited the TRU
later in the day saw that it was indeed the same set, jumped back in the
car, drove back to the price club (45 min there and back) and gave me my
first Lego present. Saving 33% in the process.

You Canadian's that have taken the time to read this post may wish to check
your local Price Clubs as I think this is a pretty good price for this set.
Here in Nova Scotia Zeller's, Walmart, Sears and the Bay have all
dramatically reduced inventories of Lego making big sets difficult to find
at any price especially on sale.

John Battcock