 General / 33176
Re: new MOC up on my site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:15:48 GMT

actually, i think other people's 'super' creations provide even more
justification for other people doing small scale stuff (myself included, i
think my largest city will be almost 3' x 2'.. my largest castle 10"x10"). i
dont want to discredit something as creative and spectacular as sava's dragons,
or anyone else's super creations.. but those things require an investment in
pieces that simply isn't available to many of us. (especially the younger ones)

besides, i agree with you when you say that creativity on a small scale can be
as important as creativity on a large scale; of living within limits, rather
than living without.  when i was young i could make my lego really extend
itself.. what i now use for one castle could have been three castles then.

i think in a group as wonderful as lugnet it is always important to establish
that ALL creations, regardless of size or complexity, have a place here. i
think that it is this quality that makes lugnet so cool.

peace,
-lenny

In lugnet.general, James Stacey writes:
aw shucks
I keep seeing the amazing things people are building like Bryce McGlone's
mech and Anthony Sava's dragons, they are using LEGO in ways I could never
begin to imagine with the pile of pieces in front of me. makes you feel a
bit dumb putting photos up of another creation which is esentially four
walls and  roof ... again.
so thanks for your kind words, they help me continue to say - "hey, I've
done this" when other people can say "hey, I've done _THIS_ "

James Stacey

"leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
i haven't been writing much recently, but i wanted to tell you how much i • like
your site. it has a simplicity and an elegance to it, and also a • uniqueness
that are striking. bravo! on both the recent MOC, and the site in general! • keep
up the good work!

peace
-lenny