 General / 33080
  Re: Terrorist Attacks on America

DEFCON (Defense Condition) ranges from 1 (at war) to 5 (at peace). It describes our military posture in terms of being at or ready for war. It does not address terrorism. I don't think DEFCON was around before the nuclear age hit us. THREATCON (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Terrorist Attacks on America

(...) Hey Jesse - thanks for the informative briefing. I was indeed wondering about the connection between delta and the 1 thru 5 DEFCON rating. -Shiri (who watched _War Games_ in history two years ago) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)