 General / 33015
  Re: -America under Attack-

(...) Interesting... But this is what really bothers me. I can see the World Trade Center being taken-out, but not the Pentagon?!? Isn't there a -'no-fly-zone'- surrounding this area and the White House? I mean, where are all the response jets. (Not (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: -America under Attack-

(...) Nope--the Pentagon is on the approach corridor to Reagan airport. It's close enough, anyways, that there's too little time between deviation from the corridor to impact. The jet's moving about 300mph--it takes time to scramble a fighter/ (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: -America under Attack-

(...) There is a no fly zone direcly above the pentagon, "class B airspace" the highest level of restricted air. the plane getting shot down would/ could have saved a few lives, maybe not the passengers, but people on the ground. Josh (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: -America under Attack-

To clarify a few things... (...) Yes there is a no fly zone over most of D.C., however the Pentagon is in the direct flight path for Dulles International Airport. This posses the risk of something like this happening. (...) It is very difficult to (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: -America under Attack-

Well, the latest: Apparently a truckload of explosives, discovered under the George Washington Bridge, has been successfully stopped from exploding. Two people are in custody. (This from CBS News.) It appears there was more planned. LFB (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: -America under Attack-

(...) It's obvious there's some sort of strategy here. What I've formualted is that some sort of foreign bad man/evil govt wants to make us look like clowns. The targets put the government to almost an utter halt. The stock markets is closed. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: -America under Attack-

Just got an email from Sid. He's OK. LFB (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)