 General / 32962
Re: Terrorist Attacks on America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:02:33 GMT

NEWS:

Transcript of Bush taped speech from Shrieveport, LA from FoxNews.com:

'We Will Pass the Test'
Tuesday, September 11, 2001

Statement by President Bush from Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana.

"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom
will be defended..

I want to reassure the American people that the full resources of the
federal governemnt are working to assist local authorities to save lives and
help the victims of these attacks.

Make no mistake, the U.S. will hunt down and punish those responsible for
these cowardly acts.

I've been in regular contact with the Vice President, Secretary of Defense,
national security team, and my cabinet.   We have taken all security
precautions to protect the American people.  Our military here and around
the world is on high status.

And we've taken the necessary security precautions to continue functions of
your governement.  We've been in touch with leaders of Congress and world
leaders to tell, to assure them we'll do whatever is necessary to protect
Americans.

I ask the American people to join me, to thank all those fighting hard to
rescue victims and join me in saying a prayer to victims and families.

The resolve of our nation is being tested.. but make no mistake we'll show
the world, we will pass the test."

Matt