 General / 3293
Re: Modulex Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 06:59:47 GMT

Hi Thomas,

I recently bought a Lego collection that contained two Modulex bricks
:)  I had heard about these and seen some pictures, but it was really
neat to actually hold them and snap them together.  An interesting note
- these were white 2x4 bricks and they were discolored the same way that
regular white Lego bricks discolor.  I thought it would be really neat
if Lego started making these again; this time not for the architectural
market - but for adult Lego enthusiasts!

The Modulex company is not an direct relation of the LEGO companies.
Although they were together a long time ago.

Even if just basic bricks and
slopes were made we could all build, or try to build, structures like
they have in Miniland.  The advantages of using Modulex bricks for this
purpose would be:

a) much smaller size makes detailing possible in a much smaller space

More details would make a larger strucutre at the end again

b) smaller bricks weigh less and could therefore be shipped and stored
more economically

The weight of the ABS would be just the same and coming to a brick theres a
lot of % airspace in a LEGO brick, it would be another % when you look at
the MODULEX brick.

c) they've probably still got the molds and this wouldn't interfere with
the current product runs.

Modulex bricks could be found in offices as a planning site, but the last
thing I heard was that a lot of airfields planning boards, ''fleight 108 is
delayed' for example is made by MODULEX.

How would you like to have bulk Modulex bricks available in the basic
colors and shapes?  I would!

Feel free, Ill stick to LEGO bricks

--
Thomas Main