 General / 32385
32384  |  32386
Subject:
Question Regarding Brickshelf Instruction Scans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:07:39 GMT

I was wondering if there is a way to download the ZIP files of instructions
from Brickshelf.  I have been downloading the ZIP files one at a time but it
is time consuming.  If there a way to download numerous files at the same time?

Before anyone starts to question my motives, I assure you that this is for
my own collection.  I would never try to sell them as others have done on
E-Bay.  I would like to be able to access instructions to sets when I am
off-line.  I often am scanning the sets on Brickshelf to try to determine
the sets I have when I buy Lego in bulk.  I do this at home and I only have
a 56K connection at home.  As you can guess, it is incredibly slow at home.
I thought it would be much easier if I could download the instructions at
work with the T-1 and save them on CD to access at home.  I was wondering if
there is a program that will allow me to select a bunch of files at once and
download in one step?

I have another question.  I would like to know if the same can be done with
the small, index pictures and is there a simple way to view them say 10 at a
time on the screen?  I think the viewing part would be a programming issue.
I have tried printing the screens from Brickshelf when they display the sets
but they are too small to be able to make out the details of the sets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glen