 General / 3211
3210  |  3212
Subject:
Dark Ages...now that I know what they are I learned that I never had one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:19:32 GMT

It took me a while to figure out what people meant by Dark Ages.  I
never had a Dark Ages; unless you count years B.L. (Before Lego). I
started at 7 and I have been going strong ever since. My parents were
always great about it. They stopped buying me LEGO, but were more than
happy to drive me to the store where I would spend my lawn mowing money
on Technic sets. Like the Bulldozer, the Mobile Crane.  While it is true
that I stopped buying LEGO during my high scool years (Freshman to
Junior year) I never stopped playing with it. Then senior year my
parents bought me a train (7720) what I was doing in TRU I do not
remember, but when I went home I told my parents what I has seen. Merry
Christmas Chris. During my senior year I also started working at LEGO.
While working at LEGO my collection grew tremendously (some sets were
available on the "damaged" shelf for 1/3 retail, but even with the
"damaged shelf" helping out my collection is small as compared to many
of you out there). I bought Train set 7722 for $18 and change. (WHOOOO
HOOOO!) College, after week two the LEGO train came out. The train was
so popular with my friends that I went home and got the LEGO Collective
and we would build while doing other "college like things". As a matter
of fact during Senior year me and a suitemate would clear out the common
room and play a naval warfare game with the Black Seas Barracuda an the
Carribian Clipper. Anyway, I am glad that I never went through a time
without LEGO, and I am glad that everyone else came back. It is great to
see what everyone does with their addiction.

Chris

PS To see what my addiction has done to me go to
http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego
If you want to learn a little chemistry just leave of the ~lego