 General / 31970
  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

(...) Kevin, Does the real metro rest that high on its trucks or are they inset more into the frame of the car? I think this model would be very cute if it were "Legoized" and made half as long...realism is one thing, play value and practicality (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

I'm not Kevin, but I've certainly ridden the metro enough to answer :) The real Metro does sit very high on the trucks - it's not very noticable when you're on the platform. If you're in a station like metro center, where both tracks are in the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

It is a very nice job. In my traveling around D.C. on a nearly daily basis (not on the metro, but around it in my car) you can see how close it is to the rreal thing. What would be nice is if it could be modified to be put on a monorail base which (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

(...) here are some pics of the greenbelt yard- it gives a good view of the trucks. (URL) looks like you need some equipment hanging off the bottom of the car though. (...) I've been meaning to post the similar suggestion. I would remove the middle (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

(...) Wow! where were those pics when I was building the model? I can see that I need to make some changes to the doors. The pics I was working from all had the doors open so I had to guess. KL (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)