 General / 31853
Re: A nice summer surprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:02:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:

Nothing wrong with an anti-clone statement here. After all, this is the
LEGO® Users Group Network. I woundn't expect a Republican to campaign at a
Democrat convention anyway (to cite a parallel) Clone bricks are the ENEMY
here, they undermine LEGO®'s good name by fooling parents into buying
these...things.

  LEGO® has done plenty to undermine its good name on its own,
thankyouverymuch, and the presence of a viable competitor can only serve to
remind LEGO® that market solvency is by no means assured.  I don't mind or
refute that LUGNET-at-large is a pro-LEGO®, anti-clone forum, and the
OT.CLONE-BRANDS group is a generous concession by Todd, a clone-hater and is
easily sufficient to meet the needs of the pro-clone factions here among us.

     Dave!