 General / 31814
31813  |  31815
Subject:
I'm grumpy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:28:59 GMT

I have become frustrated with TRU but perhaps my frustration lies witth LEGO
instead. Here's why:

I ordered adult dinosaurs from S@H as soon as they became available, about
two months ago. I did not buy the T-Rex because I wanted to wait and take a
closer look at it and because for things that I don't feel an urgent need to
possess I prefer to shop in the old fashioned way. I feel the same about
Bionicle, I am interested in the sets but if I buy them I want to see the
boxes first.

So I've been waiting for these things to show up in the local stores and
I've been reading reports here about their appearances. So I went to TRU
this past Saturday. They have had the Bionicle Toa for a couple of weeks but
now they also have the Rahi (good to see), masks, CDs and card games. BUT
THEY STILL DON'T HAVE THE TURAGA! I find that sooooo annoying.

Then they have the baby dinos, finally, but not the adult dinos! What is
wrong with distribution that a line appears in stores in such dribs and
drabs and not as a coherent group? The whole Bob the Builder Line was there
as well as the complete line of Jack Stone. My local TRU is always a mess
anyhow and the shelves are extremely disorganized so I have some complaints
to begin with but this kind of thing really ticks me off.

There, that was a load off my chest.

Jonathan L