 General / 31544
31543  |  31545
Subject:
most of us hate junorization but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 01:00:49 GMT

Does anyone know (does TLC even know) whether kids, parents, AFOLs and
other lego consumers accually prefer junorized sets?

Here is an idea for an experiment:
Get a representitave sample of the lego customer base (kids, parents,
AFOLs, AFOLs who are also parents etc)
Get copies of a junorized city centre set and an equivlent non junorized
set (say, the most recent fire station and an older fire station)
Basicly what we would aim to find out is:
For the kids (including the kids of AFOLs), which of the 2 sets looks
cooler (i.e. which one would they pester their parents to buy, or save
up for themselves?) and then which of the sets is more fun to build and
play with? (do the answers to both questions match up?)
For the AFOLs, find out which set they would be likely to buy for
themselves, given price and so on and if they want it as a set or as a
parts pack)
For the parents (including AFOLs who are parents) find out which set the
parent would purchase (both without any involvement from the kids and
then with direction from the kids as to which one they prefer), given
price and box pictures (usually these are the 2 things that a parent
would base the decision to purchase a set on, unless the kid has asked
for a specific item)

Basicly you are aiming to find out:
Do kids prefer junorized sets to non junorized sets and if so, why?
Do AFOLs prefer junorized sets to non junorized sets and if so, why?
Do parents prefer junorized sets to non junorized sets and if so, why?