 General / 31415
31414  |  31416
Subject:
Review 4579 Freeze Chill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:13:23 GMT

Set: 4579
Theme: Racers
Title: (Box) Freeze Chill
       (Invoice) Ice Ramp Racers
MSRP: $19.99
Pieces: (Box) 109

This is the large Racers set with two racers, a ramp, and a trap. I
haven't built the set, and looking at the instructions, I'm not really
going to bother BUT... It's got some NICE parts:

A lot of the new light blue (as seen in the human Mars sets).

3 light blue 6x14 plates
2 white triangular BURPS (new color - I'm still BURP color complete...)
black 8x16 net
2 light blue 1x12 bricks
2 blue 1x14 Technic beams
6 orange 2x2 medium slopes
4 trans light blue 2x2x2 domes (new color, nice!)
6 light blue 1x2 medium slopes
8 orange 1x1 plate w/side loop
2 light blue 1x12x3 arches
2 white 6x10 plates
2 light blue 2x2x2 barrels (nifty!)
2 trans light blue aquazone type crystals (nifty!)
1 silver aquazone type crystal
1 ea. antifreeze, trans orange, trans light blue, trans blue gems
1 light blue 2x2 Martian crystal base
2 white #4 Technic axle
2 white 1x2 Technic beam
2 white #6 Technic 90 degree connector
a bunch more parts

This is a NICE light blue parts set. I imagine I will be getting a
couple more copies. I think it presents a reasonable value, I could
easily imagine AucZILLA netting far more than $20 for the parts from
this set (heck, the 6x14 plates could net several bucks a piece just by
themselves). Interestingly, those light blue barrels are used in an
alternate model (two alternate models are shown with instructions).

FUT: lugnet.reviews

Frank