 General / 30846
Re: Post Announcement Reaction Assessment Study
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:30:54 GMT

I agree with you 100% Eric.  But we won't rain on their parade.  :-)

Gary Istok

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Greg Perry writes:
Now that everyone knows what the July Surprise is and all the reactions have
started pouring in I'd like to conduct a survey of the various reactions
folks had upon reading the announcement.

Why was this in off-topic?  Doesn't this have to do with LEGO?  Anyway...

I'm happy.  I don't have a Guarded Inn, but always wanted one.  Now, I'll
probably buy several, because I like several of the elements in the set.

Overall, though, I give it a yawn reaction.  Yes, it's cool, but the wind was
kind of taken out of the sails of this announcement by the re-issue of other
discontinued sets.  While I understand the philosophical difference between
those and the "LEGO Legends" line- well, the Guarded Inn being announced first
would have had a bigger visceral impact, I guess.

All of that said... I'm happy about the re-releases in general, but I guess I
don't see it as "revolutionary" since other toy companies have done much the
same thing.  I'm glad I can pick up these classic, and frankly
better-than-current-offering, sets- but I'm not really blown away.

Now, when I can order bulk packs of almost every type of "standard" bricks- or
at the very least, an offering of bricks that matches the old architectural
packs- *THEN* I'll be blown away.

eric