 General / 30809
  Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.

(...) I'm not sure I picked the most relevant part of your post, but whatever... But, I strongly disagree with this view of yours. As others have already pointed out, there are only so many ways the bricks go together -- AND it's a toy for crying (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.

(...) I disagree with this. I've seen the scorpion leg design, and it is almost identical to Mladen's. I don't think the design was outright stolen; in fact, it is very likely that Rick came across Mladen's design at some point, and it worked its (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.

(...) So are you saying then that each of us must do a search of all the creations we've looked at to make sure we properly credit any ideas we might have subconsciously used? If we expect that level of search for prior art, we won't be seeing very (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.

(...) Yeah, and Duchamp can hang a urinal on the wall and call it a "ready-made" or whatever too. That doesn't make it art! Funny though it may be...maybe even conceptually profound. And I think the manufacturer of the urinal might have something to (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.

(...) something (...) Here, here! Just discussion of ideas to give people something to think about... (...) Now, if I can only find that person who first used minifig legs as hands... (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.

(...) Let assume that the leg designs are all same (they are not). So what? Lego is a *toy* right? And everyone can made versions of the models that they see around, or made improvement to them or use part of it. What this gives or takes from you? (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.

(...) Karim Nassar, I think. But how can we ever be sure of that? Huh? This was my point, if anybody chose to see. Selçuk (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.

(...) Hm. Did Campbell's ever have any public comment on Andy Warhol's work? (Not contradicting, just asking for information in case anyone knows.) That's probably the highest profile example of an artist using someone else's trademarked work. Of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.general)