 General / 30595
30594  |  30596
Subject:
Bulk parts at Legoland California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 19:40:27 GMT

Sorry if this is old news, but I've been out of the lego loop for a while.

I recently returned to Montana from a trip to California (look for a place
to live), so of course one of the first stops was Carlsbad to buy a year's
pass.  While at the park, I found that they now sell bulk bricks at the
model designer shop, near miniland.  They don't have much of a selection,
but the friendly employee told me "We get new stuff all the time."  The cost
was $6.99 per 1/4 pound, with the 2x8 bricks the exception at $7.99.  The
selection was something like:

Orange 2x8 bricks, tan 2x8 bricks, orange 2x3 bricks, black medium slope
bricks, black 1x8 smooth tiles (I bought a pound of these), yellow 1x12
bricks (ditto), an "assorted" bin with random colored 2xX bricks, and a
couple of other non-interesting basic brick choices.

The 1x12 bricks worked out to $0.30 each;  1 pound contained exactly 100 of
them, strangely enough.  I haven't counted the 1x8 tiles yet, but there's a
lot more than a hundred of them, that's for sure!  I would estimate that I
got over 300 of them, though--making the price less than $0.10 each.

The sales associate told me that earlier in the day a man had bought 8
pounds of 1x8 tiles--about $240 worth!  Yikes!  I hope that it's an AFOL
building something really, really cool--and not someone just reselling them
on the internet :(   [1]

And yes, they only have black tiles.

Derek

[1] Not that there's anything inherently wrong with selling things on the
internet.