 General / 30446
    Classic - what makes a set a classic? —Bryan Kinkel
   A few recent postings have touched on the idea of "classic" sets. In your mind, what makes a set a classic? The design? The charm? Play value? The fact that is was first in a series? The recent Classic Space building contest rules suggest that a (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Classic - what makes a set a classic? —Eric Sophie
     Ok, let me give this a whirl. I think a Classic Lego Set is one in which the theme the set touches on is a relativly new concept for Lego. Also any Lego set that had original Space helmets for one. Also Classic sets have a certain air about them, (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Classic - what makes a set a classic? —Johannes Keukelaar
     "BK" == Bryan Kinkel <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> writes: BK> A few recent postings have touched on the idea of "classic" sets. In your BK> mind, what makes a set a classic? The design? The charm? Play value? The BK> fact that is was first in a (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Classic - what makes a set a classic? —Kyle D. Jackson
   (...) I generally take "Classic" to be the first series in a new line of sets. When Legoland Space arrived, it was the first minifig-equipped space sets. After that all space series had a sub-theme name, such as Futuron, Space Police, whatever. (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Classic - what makes a set a classic? —Gary Istok
    (...) I sort of agree with you Kyle, because I consider classic TOWN to be the era from 1955-1965, when it first came out. But the 1955-57 era is sort of pre-classic, in the sense that the bricks didn't have the binding tubes underneath until 1958. (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)