 General / 30266
Re: Parts that never made it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 18:03:31 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Tom McDonald writes:
1x4x1.3 Pirates ship rat
Town minifig utensil: slimjim
Wild West minifig noose
4x4x3.3 Islanders missionary stewpot
1.4x4x5.3 Fright Force minifig iron maiden

Hmmm, I found the wording a little confusing there, but I gather you are
saying that TLC did, in fact, consider making the above listed items...

The rat would have been great, and I can't see any reason to not have it
except for possible issues of scale.

The slimjim seems not so important to me, I mean you could just as easily
suggest this with something like a scewdriver -- which we do have.

I can think of a few ways to implement a noose, and it could have been
great, but I can see why they didn't go ahead with that given their supposed
stance on non-violent toys.

I can't see why a Witch's cauldron can't be used as a missionary stewpot.
Then again it bears pointing out that no actual cannibals exist in the world
unless you consider highly ritualized funereal rites.  Now a small shrunken
head could have been cool!

Iron Maiden?  Baby, I am first in line for the Elizabeth Bathory line of
products....

-- Hop-Frog