 General / 30201
Re: War Toys? (was: Re: New Dino sets now available from US Shop At Home.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 03:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:
Mike Petrucelli at lordinsanity@usa.net wrote:

It's an interesting case.  I think this is the most clearly
modern-war themed item TLC has produced to date (though maybe
Gary Istok can tell me if I'm wrong; my knowledge of pre-1980
LEGO history is topical at best).  Does it bode changes for
the pacifistic policy?  Or is it "only a model"? ("We're knights
of the Round Table, we dance whene'er we're able...")

"Camalot!" "Camalot!" "Camalot!" "It's only a model."

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It's a silly place."

Hmm. I thought "Camelot" with 2 letter 'A's looked odd. :-)

I was trying to look at the picture and see if the machine guns were
present. I'm still unsure... I suppose we'll have to rely on reviews as we
get them.

It is hard to tell but those two black "rods" above the engine sure look like
machine guns to me.  Guess I'll find out when: A. mine arrives or B. someone
that gets theirs tells everyone.

-Mike Petrucelli