 General / 30107
Re: Why all the dumping? Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 22:35:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler writes:

For a while it seemed like every question was answered (though not by TLC
itself) with "we should be grateful for what we're getting," which is
ultimately an unsatisfying response.  Even now such answers abound, and,
while they're not necessarily incorrect, they often don't address the
feeling behind the question itself.

Maybe I'm wrong, but shouldn't THEY be grateful to us?
They're a business and like any other business, should be bending over
backwards for customers.

Have we truly got to the stage where we the public are becoming grateful for
companies that take our hard earned money? Thats a sad state of social
condition if its true.

You're absolutely right that no one should be personally blasted for
voicing an opinion pro- or con-TLC.

But you do have to wonder why some people wave the LEGO company banner so
high and mightily, is there a pied piper about somewhere?

Santosh