 General / 29989
  when did lego switch to the "new type" toros

I notice that the new torsos from e.g. starwars and so on have a different design to the old type ones from e.g. classic space. When did this switch occur? Why did they do it? And are there any designs that are available in both old and new moulds? (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: when did lego switch to the "new type" toros

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:3AEFAC50.FE90FD....com.au... (...) By torso design, do you mean the connections to the legs on the inside? The design changed (I noticed that too) but I don't know exactly when it (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: when did lego switch to the "new type" toros

(...) The new X-tab torso design first appeared in the 1998 World Cup soccer sets. I think the Xtreme Team sets also used this new style torso, just a short time later. The new design seems to be easier to fit together, holds better overall, but is (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: when did lego switch to the "new type" toros

(...) I just realised that I happen to own an aquasharks torso on the old style and one in the new style. (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.general)