 General / 29484
  Re: Oh no, what have I done!?!?

(...) Ditto here in England. "Legos" sounds extremely weird to my ears, and I'd never come across it until reading rec.toys.lego. People in England refer to it as "Lego" - a collective noun. They would say, "he's playing with his Lego". Seeing as (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Oh no, what have I done!?!?

(...) Darn right you're just kidding. I've heard you lot speak in person and whatever it is you're speaking, it isn't quite the Queen's English. :-) (...) Yes, this is interesting, as is the plurality of firm names. US: "IBM has announced a new (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Oh no, what have I done!?!?

(...) Now, that is seriously weird. Glad I don't live there :) I'd call them bricks, Lego bricks, or bits of Lego. (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)