 General / 29064
  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

I can imagine some Lego lawyer having a cow on discovering that an organizing bin I found at Lowe's was labeled "Lego blue". I was so amused a bought a bunch. (I am easily amused.) Cary (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) I am definitely stunned that that one got by the lawyers. To me, that kind of thing just smells of disrespect for IP (which our world seems to be giving less and less respect for - I'm wondering what the music scene will be several decades (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) That's a good vision, but I'm concerned that it won't pan out that way. As long as someone--a loyal fan or not--is comfortable paying less or nothing for someone else's IP, there will always be considerable piracy. Even the alleged writer (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) I would agree---except for what we do (FTE/ITW/EDA). All of those lists, tend towards tape trading _of non commerical material_ from the artist. It is seen as being done of love of the artist not out of spite. I mean, I own all the albums by (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

Most artists make the majority of thier money by touring. It is and will always be impossible to "pirate" a live concert experience. Most artists make next to nothing off of CD/album sales. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Of course my point was that the music that the masses listens to WILL be free. The only question then is how the artists feed themselves. Some will do so by having another job. Others will be supported by rich patrons. I also feel that there (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Yes and no. Cf. the Dead. They made space down front for people who were recording their shows and actively encouraged a very active marketplace in "bootleg" tapes. Which had significant value because every one of their shows were different, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) I would agree...BUT my fav. concerts to listen to are the ones which I went to...the visions of Sarah singing in LA at Universal Studios, casting a shadow on the opposite wall...and the _music_ from that concert. (No, I am _not_ obsessed :) (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) 8^) There are some who would argue that music for the masses is already free in the form of radio and Napster, but of course the unlicensed redistribution of such music is an breach of copyright. Your supposition of patrons is interesting and (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

I was looking at LEGO stuff on Amazon and came across a Lego Sprinkler System. When I read the title I thought it was a set I'd never heard of, but turns out it was just a brass sprinkler head. I imagine the word 'lego' must have other meanings. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) I hate when you search titles & decriptions on E-bay, for "lego Custom", and get a whole bunch of "Very easy customisable website". Josh (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Actually, Lego is also an Israeli company that manufactures lawn care products. Check out your local Home Depot (brand dilution; check out any ol' hardware store;-) to find it. -John (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Unless you have a writing credit on an album and/or single, in which case you stand to make serious money if the song sells well, or someone else covers it and it sells well. I gather that simply playing on recorded music is not always a great (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)