 General / 28963
28962  |  28964
Subject:
Endless uses for Lego #43552
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:20:19 GMT

Hi,
I had the discomfiture of having my VCR break down the other day. Being an
engineering graduate, rather than do something silly like take the VCR to an
company that repairs such things, I decided to have a look at it myself.

An inspection indicated that the problem was a broken elastic band that acts
as a drive belt between a motor and some gearing which loops the tape media
around the heads.

I immediately went to my technic box, and grabbed a selection of technic
elastic bands, such as those used in the 8002 destroyer droid, and many
other technic sets. There was one which was exactly the right size, and
looked like a perfect replacement. Sure enough, after a couple of minutes of
fiddling, I had a perfectly operational VCR!

Yet another example of the endless uses for Lego.

later,
David Drew.