 General / 28755
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:42:12 GMT

So Ashley can no longer post in the legoland thread? If so, I do not see why
not - he gave us good information and it would not belong in any other
threads - and it was official lego(land) information. And what about the
lego guy posting in the bionicale masks thread (spelling - I know it sucks)?
If I am reading this correctly, and I may not be - seeing it is really late
at night for me - but why restrict them in this way? I know you do not want
posts in threads where they do not belong - so why make them give out a
personal email, which they may not want to do so they can post offical
lego(land) posts? I just see no need for any restrictions on Lego workers.
Mark P.
mfuss903@aol.com

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
FYI, a filter was installed today on the news server to accept lego.com
postings (i.e., LEGO Company employees using their official email address)
in the following groups only:

  lugnet.lego
  lugnet.lego.announce
  lugnet.lego.direct
     (essentially the lugnet.lego.* hierarchy)
  lugnet.off-topic.test
     (special case for testing news client setup/configuration)

LEGO Company employees posting in an unofficial capacity (i.e., as an AFOL
from a personal non-LEGO email address) may, of course, still post anywhere
that any other AFOL can post.

Additionally, the LUGNET news server will now accept postings in the
lugnet.lego.announce group from any LEGO employee using their official LEGO
address, without prior approval from the LUGNET news server.  (In the past,
a special switch had to be enabled on a person-by-person basis for this
group, whether or not someone was a LEGO employee.)  Non-LEGO-employees
still need special approval to post to lugnet.lego.announce.

--News admin