 General / 28707
Re: A $20 set? (was MOC: 61001 - Heavy Scooper)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:44:43 GMT

I'm not so sure that it would cost that much if LEGO sold it...I think
probably $14.99 or $15.99 would be more like it. After all, there's nothing
unique in the set. It's just that with the type of sets out now, it would
not be cheap to get all the necessary pieces.

I'm a Townie and I would definitely pay $15 or $16 for it.

To be honest, I think the set would be better if it had a bit more and sold
for more...I was thinking about a road baseplate with a tollbooth, operator,
civilian car and a little detour / roadblock action (a couple of plants here
and there too). More of a "Tollway Detour" kind of set.

Lou

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Nichol writes:
Very very nice.  The truck looks perfect and the picture is
too.

But I wonder (since I'm not into Town LEGO) if Townies
would pay $20.00 for this set.  Obviously, these are the
kind of sets Townies want.  But are they willing to pay
the price?