 General / 2863
  Question to Collectors

Will the value of my new set, #9365 DACTA Community Vehicles (II or so), be diminished if I remove the stupid 5.25"x1.875" (13.3cm x 4.76cm) warning label ('choking hazard. small parts. not for children under 3 years' - well, duh) which Enfield, in (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

And the allocation of parts-into-baggies is just fascinating on this set. Steve (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

Yeah, those are annoying, aren't they? I have at least 10 to remove :/ (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

What it is is ANNOYING. I'm going to have to build one complete set, then tear all the subsets down, make an inventory, then open the other 9+ to sort them into the subsets. NO WAY am I building 10 of everything. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

(...) You'd rather they juniorized it with a set bag with picture per set??? Bendyarm did an inventory... let me root and get back to you, after I check with him to see if he's OK with sharing it. (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

They could've put them on the *outside* of the crate, on the clear plastic lid. That is (a) where it belongs and (b) easier to remove. Has DACTA always been manufactured in Europe? I thought it used to be a US-only thing. Steve (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad they didn't do a Town, Jr. sort on it (which would have helped you out). But usually the parts are sorted into baggies a bit more logically, by size. I can imagine these things required an inefficient setup in the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

Thinking about your dilemma, you could[1] grab all ten copies of a single bag, and sort out the pieces from that bag. Repeat for all bags. Then build one model to discover the required pieces, and collect 10x from each pile. BTW, I may be having an (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)