 General / 28613
28612  |  28614
Subject:
Lego Marketed for European or worldwide kids?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 06:28:17 GMT

We're well aware that Lego's current range of products has been targeted at
kids based upon what Lego thinks kids want. However is the fact that Lego is
a European company a factor in their choice of what to produce?

The majority of the traffic amongst Lugnet here is North American, so the
majority of opinions of what Lego is and what they should produce are
therefore North American. However are the differences between a child
growing up in that part of the world so different that they'd want a
completely different style of toy?

The reason I ask this is a bit obscure: American Culture now influences
children everywhere, through TV, clothing, movies, sports etc..[1] in so
much that children now might aspire to live an American style of life.

Do you think that Lego has noticed this change (Especially with Euorpean
kids ebing their nearest customer base) and thus changed their style of
products and the way they market/sell their products. And in doing so have
forogtten or misjudged that kids in America aren't changing their ways, or
that some children elsewhere wont change anyhow?

Santosh

[1] - I'm not saying its any better/worse, I'm just saying that it is
different to what it was.