 General / 28598
Re: LEGO Company Teams With Skateboarding Pro Andy Macdonald
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 21:52:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Wilson writes:
then you should check out the Mega block extreme sports series
Complete with miniature skateboards, snowboards and BMX for your minifigs • to
ride
and half pipes etc.

WAY cooler than anything Lego is doing at present!!!!

Really. If they were Lego, I'd buy them like a shot - since it's MB and I
know I'll be disappointed, I don't.

Kevin

     I couldn't agree with you more, Kevin.  I've had my eye on the X-Treme
themed megablox sets at TRU for the longest.  I'm holding out 'cos I fifgure
Lego'll catch up soon enough.  However, I might as well add my $.02 before I
split.  Lego should take the initiative on implementing BMX, Skateboarding,
Snowboarding, etc. into the Bellville scale so that the new toys would
compliment the already existing fingerbikes and finger boards that're out on
the market.  Then sponsor a BMX team to help promote the toys.  I'm pretty
stoked to find out that Andy Mac is a Lego fan.  I've admired his style as
an athlete for quite sometime.  I rarely skate these days, but I still get
geeked watching the pros compete.  I'm an avid cyclist nowadays and I can't
say how fresh it'd be if there were a Lego team in the 2002 Tour de France.
I'd be the first in my town to rock they're jersey on club rides, bet on it!