 General / 28372
  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Actually, this explanation makes a lot of sense. I was recently looking at the instructions for the Millenium Falcon, which inexplicably uses a few odd-colored bricks at various points, pondering this very issue. Then I remembered building the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) This (...) I had the exact same experience myself, and actually had to tear mine down a bit to correct some mistakes. It was a little frustrating, but still part of the challenge. My issue is that this problem could be easily remedied by (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I agree with the explanation too. Have you noticed how a lot of kids jumped on the K'nex system, but not Lego's own Znap? The big difference was that K'nex colour-coded the function of each element. There were no duplications of the same piece (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Jason J. Railton (<GA16vs.2CB@lugnet.com>) wrote at 11:35:52 (...) This is quite an interesting point, and perhaps another explanation for the proliferation of POOPs. If you've already used a black 2x4, and you need a stack of (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Perhaps its time for a 'random surprise bucket', you get 2 lbs of parts, no two buckets the same. No instructions. The 'Jackson Pollock'[1] style of set/MOC layout. (...) Same concept, taken differently: large sets that do have the same parts (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I suspect that this was a packaging idea which was developed with the possibility of other highway sets. If they come out with other sets, then they can just include the appropriate number of support tower bags. The other possibility is that (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I 'seeded' the interior of the _Radiant VII_ I built today with blue and yellow so I wouldn't run out of red for the exterior! Not really a bad strategy for large creations. (...) The MegaBlocks Tyrannosaurus sculpture (and all their other (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) They used to use such a system. See, for example, (URL) new pieces are noticeably darker than the old pieces. TWS Garrison (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)