 General / 28337
28336  |  28338
Subject:
Pictures of LEGO at 2001 Chicago Auto Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 04:56:46 GMT

When someone posted in early February that there was going to be a LEGO Ferrari
at the 2001 Chicago Auto Show, I packed up my bags and headed home. (Ahh,
yet another pilgrimage.) I haven't seen anyone post pics of the full-size
Formula One Ferrari, so I decided to download some from my camera and post them
on Brickshelf. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=hossbach
(I am not very happy with the color quality so I guess I better get the 35mm
film developed and repost the pics.)
I was trying to calculate how much LEGO I could buy for the price of one of the
real Ferraris on display. Boy, oh boy, its unimaginable!!!(Well, maybe not.)

While I was in the city, I took a train ride up to Michigan Avenue and
revisited LEGO:The Store. I wanted to take pictures this time. (Also posted on
Brickshelf.) I was there for the grand opening, but the number of people (and
kids) precluded picture taking. During this visit, they had scale Vader and
R2D2 sculptures in the display window.

Enjoy the pics,
-Todd