 General / 28206
  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) **snip** (...) James has identified a fundamental problem facing LEGO in the current and future market. We're all aware (and some of us are great fans) of competitors in the construction toy market, at least one of which has made great strides (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

I've rearranged some of the remarks by Dave and James to separate the topics that they cover. I've tried to preserve context and not misrepresent their positions. (...) **unsnipping to deliver more context** (...) **snip** (...) Dave, I'm glad you (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) You're telling me that you can use a 16x8x8 western-style shack in your space model? You're crazy! And that huge octagonal dome can be used in all sorts of huge octagonal dome structures! (...) This is generally true, but the same can be said (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I must disagree with you here... though I don't use clone brands currently, the highest quality clones I've seen date back to the 80s... I received a bucket of Tyco Superblocks as a birthday present when I was a kid. The quality of those (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

In lugnet.general, David Zorn writes a worthy exposition of things clone related. As Dave Shuler commented (see other also worthy reply) its a trade-off - for less money I can do more stuff I enjoy. I'm sold. I can't speak to clones other than (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I've been noticing a lot of MegaBlock sets that actually look pretty good, and I find myself saying to myself, "I wish that was Lego". MB has battleships and helicopters and other IMO fun sets while Lego puts out obscure themes such as "Life (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding" (Lego and MB compared)

(...) I'll second that. It takes a little bit more pressure to put two MBs together and a little bit more effort to pull them apart. I notice that my thumbs are always a little tender after a long MB session. I notice that although I keep my MBs (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding" (Lego and MB compared)

(...) Wow, that was all very well stated and quite accurate to my mind. The price differences at full retail are about the same in the U.S. BTW, and not all of us have access to the same level of sale prices as do some Lugnuts. Most of the time a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (Lego and MB compared)

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Kerry Raymond writes a wonderfully rich review of the MB ProBuilder line: (...) Interesting. This has to be a new phenomenon. The last MB set I bought Creature Seekers Naval Command had numerous parts that kept (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)