 General / 28181
    Washing Lego to banish mold release —Rose Regner
   We have found that several models are rather "brittle" and fall apart easily. But this seems to be due to the mold release on the bricks. After we wash the bricks the models are much sturdier and don't fall apart as easily. My 4555 was very unstable (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Washing Lego to banish mold release —James Powell
      (...) Yes, Lego did have instructions. Not more than 40 C water, and no electrical elements. (In spite of washing most of my 4.5V stuff quite a few times, and it still working :) James (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

        Stickers stick better too —David Simmons
   It's always a good idea to do this for any parts to which you are going to apply stickers. They stay much better after they've been washed. Dave (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)