 General / 2762
Re: TLG investigation 1st answers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 03:37:59 GMT

Tom Stangl <toms@netscape.com> wrote:
Ah, but you've BOUGHT other MT sets - 2 5571s at least.  Granted, they were on
clearance, but TLG still got paid for them.  And every MT set you buy for parts
STILL gets money to TLG.  So I would think you would be FOR MT sets, if for
nothing else but parts you just can't get in quantity in new sets.

Well, sure, given TLG's current anti-builder/anti-AFOL stance on parts
packs and bulk orders, I recognize that MT sets are sometimes good for
parts.  I'm much rather just buy the parts, though.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you said in another post about parts
pack sales and bulk sales being a potentially huge addition to direct
TLG sales.  I know of other MT sets that had parts I wanted, but in
such low quantities and at such high set prices that I just said
"forget it."  That's money TLG never saw, period.

And not that I want to damage any of the parts auctions, my own
include, but imagine how much money TLG could make by offering a good
selection of the right parts.  Forget bulk ordering for a minute - I'm
talking a train windows and doors pack in several colors.  Instead of
seeing them pulled out of random sets and sold for 10 bucks each TLG
could sell them at a buck apiece and make a killing.

AhHA, and THIS is why you would like MT sets, if they produced smaller ones,
right?  I wish they would have $20-30 MT sets, I can't justify $50-100 that
often.

Not really.  I honestly don't care for vehicle sets at all.  If it
were a $30 MT building of some sort, maybe.  But until another set
like 5541 comes along that just strikes my fancy MT sets will be just
a source for parts like everything else TLG makes.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET