 General / 27262
Re: Minitalia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:21:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:

I too am not sure about Minitalia's original date, but they were around as
early
as 1972, if not earlier.

Ah.  I have to admit I have only a passing curiousity about the dates, I just
know that they aren't made anymore.

But there are a few things that I think that LEGO
used
in Minitalia that later became common in regular LEGO.  One is the 1x4x3
window.
They used a slightly different version (with the small mullioned windows), but
the
green shutters and the shutter attachments may be identical to those that came
at
least 5 years later in regular LEGO.  The 1x6x3 Minitalia window is almost
identical to the 1x6x3 classic large window, but there are 13 window panes in
the
Minitalia version.

But, as the French say, vive la differance!  The variety is exactly why I would
love to get some, especially in quantity.

If LEGO ever gives the Town folks some variety in window designs, then the
Minitalia windows would be an excellent place to start.

Agreed.

eric